Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sunday Morning Musings

I'm going to start treating Sundays as "New Beginning Days". The previous week is over. The good, the bad, and the mundane are all in the past. Holding on to any of it will only hold me back. Some weeks, I'll go to church with my favorite couple Stephen and Destiny. Some weeks will be like this week where I sit alone, drink delicious coffee, and ponder. Maybe I'll write, maybe I'll veg out and watch TV all day, maybe I'll go out and have an adventure. Maybe I'll see people and maybe I won't. No matter what I do, I will see it as a new beginning. I will let go of the last seven days and I will let myself be free.

This last week had so much going on, it felt like an entire month had passed by the time it was over. I had a huge project looming over my head. I had to assert what I know to be best for myself and people got hurt. I saw one of my favorite bands live for the first time and experienced pure euphoria.

But that's all over. And that's okay. In fact, it's beautiful. If I hang on to the past (even the good), I leave no room to love the present, which is really where it's at, amirite? 

*Inhale fresh air*

*Exhale old air*

Everything is new.






Soundtrack to this post: "Every New Day" by Five Iron Frenzy

No comments:

Post a Comment